Job Summary: Lead Middle School and High School youth in disciple-making experiences so that they:
• develop and strengthen their relationship with God, each other and their neighbors,
• learn and practice what it means to live a Christ-like life • gain skills and confidence to help lead the congregation Essential Qualifications:
• Strives to live as a disciple of Christ
• Attends to personal spiritual growth through worship, Bible study, small group accountability and other means of grace.
• Able to define calling, and possesses spiritual gifts for leading young people into a deeper relationship with Christ
• Willing to submit to and able to pass a background check, including court, driving and credit records
• Able to help young people learn to lead congregational worship.
• Agrees to abide by and teach the doctrines and polity of the UMC, Working knowledge of UM local church administration.
• Works under the direction and supervision of the Senior pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
• Works collaboratively with others, and respects others’ opinions.
• Serves the congregation as an active listener, and maintains strictest confidentiality. except where required by state or federal law for the safety of the young people with whom they serve in ministry
• Personally organized, punctual, completes responsibilities in a timely manner.
Contact: Bruce Hiner
Location: Hodgenville UMC
Address: PO Box 6 825 Tonieville Rd. Hodgenville KY 42748
Phone: 270 358-3028