Abide "Come & See"
Does your church struggle with:
- Low self-esteem in thinking “we are just too small to be effective?”
- Both appointed pastors and laity feeling ill prepared to lead your church in ever changing culture?
- Personal preferences that have eroded a sense of loving fellowship both for insiders and new attendees?
- Maintaining a mission focus while facing survival challenges?
- Relating well to the community?
- Control issues, effective decision making, and unity of purpose?
was created to help churches address these critical issues. ABIDE
is a process to bring about more fruitfulness and vitality in small membership churches. Local church teams are formed to establish long-term spiritual and strategic leadership. Teams consist of the pastor and three to ten laypersons from each church. Usually ten to fifteen congregations participate and embark together on a twelve-fifteen month journey to discover in faith and joy how to:
- Build a team of spiritual leaders who are becoming like Jesus through a process of loving God and each other, learning, and leading together in covenant.
- Create an environment where persons can be and can make disciples.
- Clarify values, mission, and vision which helps bring focus to the ministry of the church.
- Develop a MAP (Ministry Action Plan) by answering
- Who are we as a church?
- What is God calling us to?
- How are we going to get there?
- Commit to bringing transformation to both the church and community by putting their MAP into action and continuing to adjust it as needed.
- Expands the process by building other similar teams who love, learn, and lead together as they implement ministry.
Abide is an opportunity to develop spiritual leaders while creating an environment within the church that will bring transformation in the community.
The “Come and See”
more about what Abide
is and how your church can benefit.
Deadline for registration is November 1, 2016!