Conference NCD Executive Team meeting - 02/20/17
Communications Team - 02/20/17
Preach It! Lead It! Conference - 02/21/17
Conference NCD Full Team Meeting - 02/21/17
Church Health - 02/21/17
Commission on Religion & Race - 02/23/17
The Kentucky Wesleyan College Chamber Singers will sing at the 2012 General Conference. Here is an excerpt from a communication from Rev. Kent Lewis, Chaplain & Director of Church Relations at the college.
As Chaplain and Director of Church Relations at Kentucky Wesleyan College, President Craig Turner has given me permission to announce that we have accepted an invitation for the Kentucky Wesleyan Chamber Singers, directed by Professor Paul E. Oakley and Professor Dennis Jewett, to sing during Higher Education night at General Conference on Monday, April 30 (5-7 p.m.) in Tampa, Florida. It is an honor we do not take lightly. We are proud that we are going to have the chance to represent the Kentucky Conference and Kentucky Wesleyan College before the delegates of General Conference.
Rev. Lewis also shared some additional dates when the Singers will be performing.
• Sunday, February 12: Settle Memorial United Methodist Church (Owensboro), AM Worship Services.
• Sunday, February 19: Greenville United Methodist Church (Greenville), AM Worship Services.
• Sunday, February 26: St. Paul United Methodist Church (Louisville), AM Worship Services.
• Sunday, March 4: Centenary United Methodist Church (Lexington), AM Worship Services.
• Sunday, March 4: St. Luke United Methodist Church (Lexington), PM Concert
• Sunday, March 11: Barrett United Methodist Church (Memphis, TN), Tour Concert.
• Sunday, March 18: Brentwood United Methodist Church (Brentwood/Nashville), AM Worship Services.
• Sunday, April 1: Carnegie Hall, New York, NY
• Sunday, April 15: First United Methodist Church (Frankfort), AM Worship Services
"We are excited," wrote Rev. Lewis. "Please pray for us that we would be used by God to bless others and bring them closer to Him through the gift of Music."
The 2012 General Conference will take place April 24-May 4.
Kentucky Wesleyan College is located in Owensboro.