United Theological Seminary's Institute for Applied Theology (IAT) announces a new UMC Certification: Ministry with People with Disabilities.
Empower yourself and your church to create a culture where people with disabilities are fully included in all aspects of worship, leadership and ministry.
Register now for Disability, the Bible, and the Church, course MC590-DA-h-D (2). This hybrid-format class begins online September 4, 2012.
Other UMC Certification courses now open for registration include:
· Teaching Biblical Faith/Bible Survey MC510-DA-h-D (2), a practical course which will offer those who work with and teach the Bible in church settings, both survey of the Old and New Testaments, and explorations of varieties of ways to engage people at all ages and stages of life in the fullness and depth of the scriptures. Core course requirements will include a final paper focused upon the student's particular area of certification specialization.
· Spiritual Direction/Companionship MC561-DA-h-D (2), a course that focuses on attentiveness to God, listening skills, formative Wesleyan spirituality and fostering supportive spiritual guidance.
· Developing a Children's Education Program MC531-DA-h-D (2), a course that examines roles an educator plays in nurturing spiritual growth and supporting the faith development of children in families and the congregation including pedagogies, administrative issues, and a theology of childhood.
· Planning a Ministry with/for Older Adults MC551-DA-h-D (2), a course for planning a ministry with older adults in local church and other settings.
· UMC Studies MC512-DA-o-D (2). This UMC Certification core course provides understanding of and grounding in UMC doctrine and polity, with an emphasis on the priesthood of all believers and the practice of ministry. Core course requirements will include a final paper focused upon the student's particular area of certification specialization.
These courses may be taken by visiting students as well as for UMC Certification. For more information CLICK HERE or contact Laura Weber at937-529-2201 or email@example.com.