Annual Conference 2015 is just a few months away. We will meet in Bowling Green to celebrate our ministry together and begin a critical time of transition as we go from twelve districts to nine. I want to invite each of you to enter into a time of earnest prayer and fasting as we prepare for these changes.
I know that you are interested to know who our nine District Superintendents will be so here are the assignments. Remember that each newly configured District will select its own name at its Organizing District Conference in July or August.
- Rev. Terry Reffett will serve as District Superintendent of the Ashland-Prestonsburg area.
- Rev. Farley Stuart will serve the Corbin-Hazard area.
- Rev. Owen Dolin will serve the Northern Kentucky area.
- Rev. Becki Curry will serve the Louisville-Elizabethtown area.
- Rev. James Williams will serve the Lexington area.
- Rev. Paul Fryman will serve the Frankfort-Bardstown area.
- Rev. Todd Love will serve the Bowling Green - Columbia area.
- Rev. Mark Gibbons will serve the Owensboro area.
- Rev. Gene Pillow will serve the Madisonville area.
- Rev. Jean Hawxhurst will be working on the Ecumenical staff of The Council of Bishops.
- Rev. Paul Brunstetter will be full-time leading our office of New Church Development.
- Rev. Rick Bard will return to his appointment as Teaching Pastor at Broadway United Methodist Church. I am so grateful for Rick's work with the Cabinet this year and Broadway's willingness to share him with us.
So, let us pray for all of these leaders as they lead us through this time of transition.
Finally, I want to thank all of the pastors who have completed their end-of -the-year statistical reports. I want to encourage others to get their reports in soon. I know it is a tedious task but it is important. Metrics matter. We pay close attention to these metrics as we seek to review our ministries, reflect on their impact, measure our fruitfulness and make strategic adjustments. Please take this work seriously.
Know that I am deeply honored to be in ministry with you. May God bless and keep us in the center of God's will in these days to come.