Board of Lay Ministry
The Board of Lay Ministry is committed to the quadrennial theme and challenge of making and growing disciples for the transformation of the world. Therefore, the purposes of the Kentucky Annual Conference Board of Lay Ministry are as follows:
1. To foster an awareness of the importance of the role and ministry
of the laity
2. To develop and promote stewardship of time, talents, and possessions
3. To promote, support, encourage, train, and equip all lay members to be
actively engaged in ministry
4. To be intentional about training and equipping laity of all ages and all
ethnic groups to become church leaders
5. To encourage laity to continually grow in their spiritual journeys
District Lay Leaders:
Colleen Davis Bluegrass --
Heartland -- Chad DuVall
– Frank Haeberlin Kentucky East
Lexington – Irene Hatton
– Elaine Daugherty Owensboro
Pennyrile – Mike Kenner
– Linda Sparks South Central
– Rich Dailey South East KY
The C.O.T. will consist of no more than 12 leaders from around the Kentucky Conference charged with the purpose of discover, develop and send passionate spiritual leaders into the mission of the Church which is making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. If you are interested in becoming a part of this new and innovative team please complete the application below no later than December 1.
Frequently asked questions:
1) How often will this team meet?
We plan to meet 8 hours per month
2) Are there costs involved?
We will reimburse you 14 cents per mile and will pay for a hotel room if needed
3) What kind of work will we be doing?
We hope to be a wellspring of ideas to help local churches discover, develop and send their laity into the world.
Proposed Summary of Ministry Opportunities
prepared by The Committee of Assisting UMC Members to Seek Ministry Opportunities of the Board of Lay Ministry
Handbook for Lay Leaders
written by Lewis Nicholls
revised June 2013 by Linda Sparks