Children and Family Ministry
The purpose of the KAC Children & Family Ministry Team is to empower children's ministers and volunteers to become effective leaders and faithful disciples, along with their congregations, to bring all children and families to Christ.
COVID-19 Ministry Resources for Children
- Re-Entry into Facilities and Worship - The Children & Family Ministry Team of the Kentucky Annual Conference includes 10 leaders with 100+ years of combined ministry experience with church families. Knowing that churches with and without large numbers of children are looking for guidance in caring for families, our team wants to offer practical, clear recommendations for how to re-introduce families with children into in-person worship and discipleship environments. Download the PDF of the full recommendations here.
- Planning VBS in 2020 - If you are questioning or making plans for VBS this year, we wanted to share the conversation that our ministry team leaders are having. Click the links to view our e-mail thread in either WORD or as a PDF.
- A link to COVID-19 resources curated by Rev. Dr. Leanne Hadley, a member of our team ( https://www.leanne-hadley.com/covid-19-resources)
- Cokesbury Kids blog ( https://www.cokesburykids.com/blog)
Steps to Certification in Children's Ministry
- Contact General Board of Higher Education - "Certification of qualified people in specialized ministries in the UM Church demonstrates a level of competency and standards set by the denomination."
General Board of Discipleship Training Webinars
- The General Board of Discipleship (GBOD) offers a variety of webinars for churches, pastors and laity. The Children's Ministry link will allow you to sign up for the Children's Ministry Newsletter as well as see the variety of topics. Simply go to the link provided and you will see the list of webinars available to view and while you are there, be sure to sign up for the E-Newsletter!
Contact any of these Children's Team Members