Youth Ministries Coordinator
April 13, 2018
NOW HIRING YOUTH MINISTRIES COORDINATOR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Youth Ministries Coordinator will plan, implement, and supervise the youth ministries program at Henderson Settlement.
The Mission Youth Ministries Coordinator shall:
- Plan, oversee, and schedule age appropriate activities for children and youth (These include After School, Youth programming, and Summer Recreation program in accordance with all state regulations).
- Enhance the spiritual, physical, emotional and social lives of the children and youth
- Be a mentor and develop a mentoring program
- Perform program monitoring, evaluation and monthly reporting
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events
- Work closely with the school in order to understand the children’s needs
- Maintain a safe and clean environment in the youth facilities
- Assist with grant writing if needed
- Coordinate group events and supervise volunteers
- Speak to churches and other groups promoting Henderson Settlement
- Carry out all other duties as assigned
Expectations of Employee:
- Commitment to God in Christ and a respect for and understanding of the ministries of the United Methodist Church.
- Spiritual maturity and comfort with the language and essentials of the Christian faith.
- Willingness to work with the Settlement’s mission and vision and to honor United Methodist theology, social principles and practice.
- Well-organized and self-directed individual with a heart for the outreach ministries
- Intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels
- Ability to devise and carry out data collection and analysis methodology to demonstrate the progress of programs
- Ability to produce clearly written documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to speak persuasively and confidently to large and diverse audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; two or more years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Adhere to Henderson Settlement’s Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside Henderson Settlement
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently meet deadlines negotiated and set with supervisor
- Exemplify the highest standard of Christian faith and morality in your job
If interested you may send your resume to: Henderson Settlement Finance Office PO Box 205 Frakes, KY 40940 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Tammy Teague, HR/Office Manager
PO Box 205 Frakes KY 40940
Phone: 606-337-3613 Ext 318