Interim Director of Children and Family Ministries
August 07, 2018
Interim Director of Children and Family Ministries State Street United Methodist Church, Bowling Green, Kentucky, invites qualified applicants for the part-time, salaried position of Interim Director of Children and Family Ministries.
Position Description The goal of this position is to provide ongoing quality children’s programming that allows children and their families to love and follow Jesus, grow in their faith, and build lifelong relationships with Jesus.
• Continue to implement current children’s programming for children from birth through 5th grade, including Sunday School, children’s church, Wednesday Night Gathering, children’s moments during worship and children’s choir in cooperation with volunteers, the children’s ministry committee and other church staff.
• Ensure that the nursery is clean, safe, inviting, and appropriately staffed
• Facilitate the Sunday School, children’s church, and midweek programs by
- Recruiting and assisting superintendents, teachers and other leaders
- Reviewing, editing and ordering curriculum as needed o Providing supplies for each lesson according to the lesson plans for each venue
- Supervising, training, and supporting children's volunteers
• Maintain administrative records on children and families
• Plan and implement annual Vacation Bible School and other special events
• Ensure that all Safe Sanctuaries policies of the church are in effect, and that all volunteers are adequately trained
• Maintain frequent and consistent communication with parents, children and families
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
• 25-30 hours per week for minimum of six months
• Minimum of three years experience working with children's ministries or related field
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Christian education, religious studies or elementary education
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to bend, stretch, pull and lift and carry up to 20 pounds
• Pass a background check
Commensurate with experience and education
• For full consideration the following items must be submitted via email by August 22, 2018, although expressions of interest may be considered until the position is filled. You will receive email confirmation that your submission has been received.
- Cover letter
- Resume, including three references
Submit the above two items via email to Dr. Jay Smith, Senior Pastor email@example.com Review of applications will begin immediately
Contact: Freida Eggleton
Location: State Street United Methodist Church
1121 Grider Pond Road Bowling Green KY 42104