WESTSIDE COMMUNITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Job Description for the Position of: Youth Leader Reporting Relationship: The Youth Leader reports directly to the Family Discipleship Pastor (FDP) and is accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Job Definition: The Youth Leader is the point person for ministry activities for students in grade 6 to 12. Where the Family Discipleship Pastor is responsible for high level structure and curriculum, the youth leader is responsible for the day-to-day details. He/she will co-lead the Youth Ministry Team (YMT) to develop, organize and oversee the youth ministry of WUMC. This person will be committed to establishing and nurturing relationships with students.
Weekly Expectations: 10 hours Essential Functions:
• Prepare for and lead weekly youth meetings designed to lead students into a life of faith and discipleship to include worship, small groups, and appropriate service opportunities.
• Working with volunteer ministers, lead age appropriate Sunday school classes for middle school youth and high school youth.
• Working with the Family Discipleship Pastor: o Recruit, train and schedule youth volunteer ministers.
o Develop practices of volunteer appreciation to include sending occasional notes, one-on-one meetings, and regular appreciation events.
• Establish regular communication with the youth via face-to-face, social media, and phone conversations to develop authentic relationships.
• Working with volunteer ministers, develop, maintain and oversee regular, effective communication with volunteers and parents.
• Meet regularly with the FDP, attend monthly staff meetings, quarterly Church Council meetings and co-lead with the FDP the Youth Ministry Team (YMT).
• Develop and host regular fund raising events for the purpose of enabling youth to participate in events at little or no cost to their parents.
• Working with the FDP, the YMT and the youth conduct two youth worship services per year
• Host regular youth events to include Lock-ins, summer youth events and trips, conference events like Winterblitz, and invitational events to connect with new youth.
• Establish and maintain a database of youth contact information, birthdays, favorite candies and activities, and any other pertinent information to effective youth ministry.
•Working with the FDP, YMT and the youth, develop an annual plan for youth ministry by November 30th of the current year for the following year and a corresponding operating budget Other Duties as assigned
Contact: Rev Faron Owen
Location: Westside Community United Methodist Church
Address: 2875 Highway 127 Hustonville KY 40437