Christ Church United Methodist, a large church in eastern Jefferson County, has an immediate part-time opening for a childcare worker for weekly care of children from infancy through pre-K and occasionally through 5th grade. Work hours can include Sunday mornings 8:00 am – 12:30 pm, and Sunday and Wednesday evenings usually 5:00 – 9:00 pm, depending on scheduled church events that request childcare. Hours vary weekly depending on needs. This person must love children and have a Christ-filled attitude to serve them and their families.
• Current infant and children CPR certification
• Strong faith in Christ and ability to share God’s love while facilitating age-appropriate Christian development.
• Strong multi-generational interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment and ability to following church’s childcare guidelines for excellence in care, safety and confidentiality while lovingly providing feeding; diaper-changing and escorting toddlers to rest-room; picking up, holding and sitting with children; reading, playing and teaching children; cleaning surfaces and straightening the room at end of shift
• Previous experience in childcare and infant / toddler education preferred
• Ability to maintain cleanliness and order in childcare areas
• Flexibility in working with all ages birth to 5th grade as needed
• Punctual, regular attendance as assigned Work Conditions:
• Fun, active church environment.
• Sitting, standing, walking and lifting, sitting on the floor and moving about freely and quickly.
• Ability to occasionally work on short notice on Sundays and weekday evenings. Salary: $10.50 / hr
Contact: Keri Mitchell
Location: Christ Church United Methodist
Address: 4614 Brownsboro Road Louisville KY 40207