General Responsibility: Lead the Student Ministries Team to grow disciples and grow the Kingdom of God, reaching students and families of Lebanon and Marion County.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
1. Develop and implement an evangelism and discipleship strategy for youth in cooperation with the Student Ministries Leadership Team.
2. Recruit, train, and disciple adult leaders to carry out the mission of the ministry.
3. Develop youth leaders to serve on the Student Leadership Team and Church Council.
4. Comply with the LUMC Safe Sanctuaries Policy at all times.
5. Plan and direct weekly Student Ministries gatherings, Bible Studies, annual retreats, and Conference youth ministry offerings (i.e. Winter Blitz).
6. Promote student participation in Kentucky Conference Camp & Retreat Ministries.
7. Maintain open communications with parents of students.
8. Provide effective assistance to parents in empowering discipleship in the home.
9. Coordinate Confirmation Classes with the Director of Children’s Ministries and Senior Pastor.
10. Provide a budget estimate for the Student Ministry to the Finance Committee annually.
11. Participate in weekly staff meetings and periodic staff gatherings.
12. Participate in Church Council Meetings.
13. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Hours: 15-20 hours/week. Wednesdays and Sundays.
Contact: Rev. Dr. Chris Howlett, email@example.com 236 N. Spalding Ave. Lebanon, KY 40033 270-692-2761
Contact: Pastor Chris Howlett
Location: Lebanon United Methodist Church
Address: 236 N. Spalding Ave. Lebanon KY 40033