Director of Student Ministries
July 01, 2019
General Responsibility: Lead the Student Ministries Team to grow disciples and grow the Kingdom of God, reaching students and families of Lebanon and Marion County.
Reports to: Senior Pastor Regular Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an evangelism and discipleship strategy for youth in cooperation with the Student Ministries Leadership Team.
- Recruit, train, and disciple adult leaders to carry out the mission of the ministry.
- Develop youth leaders to serve on the Student Leadership Team and Church Council.
- Comply with the LUMC Safe Sanctuaries Policy at all times.
- Plan and direct weekly Student Ministries gatherings, Bible Studies, annual retreats, and Conference youth ministry offerings (i.e. Winter Blitz).
- Promote student participation in Kentucky Conference Camp & Retreat Ministries.
- Maintain open communications with parents of students.
- Provide effective assistance to parents in empowering discipleship in the home.
- Coordinate Confirmation Classes with the Director of Children’s Ministries and Senior Pastor.
- Provide a budget estimate for the Student Ministry to the Finance Committee annually.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and periodic staff gatherings.
- Participate in Church Council Meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
15-20 hours/week. Wednesdays and Sundays.
Contact: Jamie Abell
Location: Lebanon United Methodist Church
236 N. Spalding Ave. Lebanon 40033