Director of Children's Ministries
July 01, 2019
General Responsibility: Lead the Life Works Ministry Team to grow disciples and grow the Kingdom God, reaching children and families of Lebanon and Marion County.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Develop and implement an evangelism and discipleship strategy for children in cooperation with the Life Works Ministry Team.
- Recruit, train, and disciple adult leaders to carry out the mission of the ministry.
- Comply with the LUMC Safe Sanctuaries Policy at all times.
- Plan and direct weekly Children’s Worship, Bible Studies, and annual Vacation Bible School.
- Promote elementary children’s participation in Kentucky Conference Camp & Retreat Ministries.
- Maintain open communications with parents of children.
- Provide effective assistance to parents in empowering discipleship in the home.
- Coordinate Confirmation Classes with the Director of Student Ministries and Senior Pastor.
- Provide a budget estimate for the Life Works Ministry to the Finance Committee annually.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and periodic staff gatherings.
- Participate in Church Council Meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
15-20 hours/week. Wednesdays and Sundays.
Contact: Jamie Abell
Location: Lebanon United Methodist Church
236 N. Spalding Ave. Lebanon 40033