Assistant Youth Minister
Job Description Assistant Director of Youth Ministries Southern Hills United Methodist Church
B To provide assistance, both ministerial and administrative, to the Director of Youth Ministries.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Communicate information related to the position to the Director of Youth Ministries.
2. Help plan, prepare for, and serve at all youth ministry events and outings.
3. Help organize and lead youth in Bible lessons and studies for fellowship and growth in a way that relates to the current culture and generation.
4. Lead the Source Studies Youth Class on Sunday mornings.
5. Pray for and encourage the youth.
6. Be available to youth in relation to their struggles and problems, and inform the Pastoral Staff and the parents of affected youth of any serious problems.
7. Adhere to the Southern Hills UMC Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
8. Attend all required and scheduled trainings and meetings.
9. Integrate youth at all campuses into youth ministry programming and activities.
1. 15 Hours per week
2. Worshipping community is the Source
3. Work in conjunction with the Faith Formation Team, and attend one meeting per month
4. Reports directly to Faith Formation Director
1. Appropriate degree(s) and/or experience in youth ministry.
2. High energy and strong organizational skills.
3. A mature Christian faith, and a deep desire to lead innovative, effective ministries to encourage and grow the faith of youth.
4. Satisfactory completion of a background check, first aid/CPR training, and training under Southern Hills UMC’s Safe Sanctuary Policy.
Contact: Kristina White
Location: Southern Hills UMC
Address: 2356 Harrodsburg Rd LEXINGTON 40503
Email: Click to email