Contemporary Worship Leader
Job Summary: The Contemporary Worship Leader works to create an avenue of worship that allows intergenerational engagement with, growth from, and participation in high-quality and theologically sound music by which people may express their understanding of or yearning for God.
Description of Role through our Vision
o Cultivate intergenerational opportunities within the Contemporary Worship or Blended Service.
o Encourage lay involvement through creative outlets such as, but not limited to, voice, instrumental, dance, and spoken word.
o Ensure musical leadership and support is provided for the Contemporary Worship Band, including all materials needed.
o Develop relationships and work alongside all tech (audio, visual, and livestream) persons.
o Plan and prepare worship services in community with the ministry team that support the mission of the church.
o Appropriately facilitate rehearsals to support the effectiveness of worship services.
o Develop close, collaborative, relationship with Pastoral, staff, and leadership teams to support the ministries of the church through open communication and dialogue.
o Represents the Contemporary Worship community at Staff, Worship, and other committee meetings as needed to advocate for ministry through arts for all ages and abilities.
o Help develop a budget with the Director of Worship Arts that reflects the mission and financial capabilities of the church
o Reflect and assess weekly worship service; work in partnership with the Worship Committee to revise/add/remove worship elements as needed.
o Develops and encourages relationships that foster a Christian atmosphere within the church and its activities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of United Methodist worship/sacramental theology.
• Knowledge of new music in Contemporary Worship genre.
• Ability to play (at least) one instrument; preferred ability to lead music while playing instrument.
• Knowledge of Planning Center Online including creating/implementing templates, services, and user accounts.
• Knowledge of CCLI licensing requirements for all projected/recorded/sung songs/lyrics.
• Knowledge of how to write, format, download, and transpose a chord sheet, including capo versions.
• Knowledge of instrument/equipment maintenance (ie., how to correctly store equipment, how to set-up/break down equipment, when guitars need new strings, correct on/off procedures for sound and video equipment.)
Standards of Professional Expectation
• Worship Song selections should be turned in to the office by Wednesday noon prior each week.
• Practice schedules be prepared appropriately in advance.
• Interactions with others are respectful and professional.
• Non-smoking on premises. • Social Media and Public Presentation reflect a Christian approach.
• Demonstrates an Understanding of Mission and Vision.
Our Vision is to: Be Disciples Enacted through an ongoing process of Seek – Connect - Nurture
Contact: Pastor Rob Tucker
Location: 9800 Westport Rd
Address: Louisville KY 40241
Email: Click to email