Program Assistant Opportunity
The Lighthouse Academy at Newburg is looking to add two (2) program assistants to our dynamic team. We are looking for individuals that will align to our mission of providing youth in our community a safe place to learn and grow through educational programs. The program assistants will provide academic assistance and support for students, K-8 in our after school and summer programs at the academy, starting in Jan. 2022.
The hours are:
- During school year: Mon. through Thursday, 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day JCPS is in session.
- During summer: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. during a 4-week summer session.
- Adhere to guidance and direction provided by the Director of Program Operations
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for students
- Ability to work well with a diverse population, maintaining positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Maintain an environment that ensures the safety and well-being of students
- Must be at least 16 and a junior in high school
- Strong academic performance and/or position related experience
- Reliable transportation
- Preference is a willingness to work both during the school year and summer.
The pay for the program assistant is $12 to $15/hr., depending on the applicant’s level of education
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, we would love to hear from you. Please send resumes or make contact with Cynthia Overall via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or mail resume to the Lighthouse Academy at Newburg at address below.
Contact: Cynthia Overall
Location: Lighthouse Academy at Newburg
Address: 5312 Shepherdsville Road Louisville KY 40228
Email: Click to email