River City Nursery & Children’s Director
January 15, 2020
River City UMC is looking for a part-time Nursery and Children's Director This position will work up to 10 hours/week.
- Oversight of all ministries for ages 0-Fifth Grade
- Development and Recruitment of Children’s Leadership Team & Volunteers & Implementation of learnings from A Time for Children.
- Development of Ministry Action Plan for ministry to Children at River City
- Oversight of Sunday morning Children’s Ministry
- Splash worship experience
- Planning of Worship experience
- Sunday School
- Work with Children’s Minister at St. Matthews for cross campus children’s ministry opportunities
- Connection and clear communication with families established and new to River City
- Involvement with church wide activities such as Easter Egg Hunt, Fall Festival, etc
- Proper management of Nursery and Children’s ministry resources, budget and materials.
- Regular check-ins with Campus Pastor for learning, support and communication
- Support and/or Plan Summer experience for children like Vacation Bible School or Backyard Bible Clubs with ST. Matthews Campus Children’s Minister
- River City Lead Team Meetings
- Other meetings such as Council on Ministries at St. Matthews UMC may arise for reporting purposes. You may also send your team chair to this meeting in your place.
- Oversee Safe Sanctuary Program at River City
- Keep strong records of children and families involved in the ministry as well as attendance and involvement.
- Not to exceed 10 hours per week except for week of Vacation Bible School where it is budgeted for up to 40 hours that week.
- Sunday Mornings: 8:00-12:30
- 100% oversight of Nursery and workers.
- 100% oversight of Splash Children’s Ministry.
Reporting and Accountability
- Direct Report: Campus Pastor of River City UMC
- Staff Parish Rep at River City UMC and Staff Parish Relations Committee at St. Matthews United Methodist Church
- Evaluations at 90 day and one year anniversary.
Salary: Start at $15 per hour
To apply for this position send your resume to Rev. Derek Robinette at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Rev. Derek Robinette
Location: River City UMC