The mission of the Families of Addiction Recovery Ministries (FARM) is to cultivate and grow an environment of healing by equipping clergy and laity with the skills and tools to develop recovery ministries. FARM will provide avenues for sharing and disseminating information to leadership with local congregations
• Special Program for Substance Abuse and Related Violence (SPARV) http://www.umspsarv.org/
• Recommends UMC Drug & Abuse Resources to be used in Local UMC’s
• Educating People Addiction is a Disease Pleasure Unwoven-$30, DVD http://www.instituteforaddictionstudy.com/ or call 801-456-0765
• Department of Community Based Services (DCBS) https://prd.chfs.ky.gov/Office_Phone/
• Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC) http:dbhdid.ky.gov/kdbhdid/crisisnos.asp
Join us for an overnight retreat at Camp Loucon on March 18-19. This retreat will help explore and become informed about the various recovery ministry options for your local church. The cost is $35.
Deadline to register is March 4th.
All times listed are CST (local time for Loucon)
5:00pm Gather Friday afternoon
5:30pm Brief devotional
6:00pm Light dinner
6:45pm Introductions, purpose of FARM, participant expectations of time there and goals for learning
7:30pm Definitions of Addiction, Treatment, Recovery, etc
8:15pm End for the evening
8:15am Q&A related to evening session
8:30am Agenda and Education Goals for Saturday
9:00am Watch DVD and discuss
10:45am Addiction's Impact on Family (young children, youth, adults)
12:45pm Current understanding of addiction, treatment, recovery, etc.
1:45pm Legal issues related to addiction
2:45pm Starting an addiction and/or recovery ministry
3:00pm Q & A, Communion
If you would like to get to know some members of the FARM team a little better, please click on their name listed below to read their bio.