The Lexington District is sponsoring a Concert of Prayer for the upcoming General Conference and our delegates. The Prayer Concert will be held at First United Methodist Church in Lexington on Sunday, April 15, 2012 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. with a time for refreshments and fellowship to follow.
This will be a time of corporate prayer for all Lexington District United Methodist Churches. (Everyone in the Kentucky Annual Conference is invited to participate as well.) It will be a time of directed prayer where our people are encouraged to pray silently, in pairs and in small groups specifically for our General Conference, the delegates and for the Universal Church. We will be guided through prayer by several leaders and will incorporate many models or prayer styles (i.e. scripture, meditation, intercession, praise, visioning, etc.).
Our hope is that as many people as possible are brought into the active reality of communion with God. Participants will taste the power of corporate prayer and be encouraged by the prayers of others. As we hear the prayers of others, faith will bloom and grow in the power of the Godhead.
• First of all to glorify God.
• To ask God’s wisdom and blessing on General Conference and our delegates.
• To lift the Universal Church to God for healing, renewal, and revival.
• To experience corporate prayer in a powerful way.
• To expose those attending to new and vibrant forms of prayer.
• That the personal prayer life of all attending will be enriched.
• To stimulate ongoing prayer support for General Conference, delegates and the Universal Church through formation of prayer cells all over Lexington.
• To begin a working relationship among churches that would be a framework for offering other Concerts of Prayer at appropriate times.