Designed for African-American congregations, this event will bring together pastors, musicians, ministers of music, singers, choirs and worship leaders from across The United Methodist Church to fellowship, network and learn from each other.
During this event you will:
- Recapture and rekindle an appreciation for the inspiring legacy of black church music.
- Learn the effective use of current trends in African American church music in your worship services.
- Discover ways through music to reach all age groups in the community with the message of Jesus Christ, especially youth and young adults.
- Find resources to create more vibrant worship experiences for your congregation.
- Be inspired and energized in your music ministries.
- Develop ways to prevent divisiveness that can come along with introducing new ideas.
- Receive a free copy of Zion Still Sings! For Every Generation.
What is this event about?
This event is focused on music ministry within the church. Participants will have the opportunity to attend special workshops that cover specific topics. These will help create strong and vibrant music ministries in their local congregations once they return home.
This experience will infuse each participant with the excitement and encouragement of possibility to let God bring renewal and vitality to their local congregations as they seek to reach out to others of all ages with the gospel of Jesus Christ through music.
Free copy of Zion Still Sings! For Every Generation
Participants will also receive a FREE copy of the new Zion Still Sings! For Every Generation. This exciting resource pulls together a vibrant collection of songs and hymns from many sources:
* African American spirituals
* Black gospel
* Traditional hymns
* New hymns published in the 21st century
* Urban rap
* Hip Hop
This collection of favorites is also the first publication to include very contemporary Black church music. Yet this book is not a songbook just for the African American church. This collection contains arranged accompaniments and medleys that can help any church learn the musical styles used in many Black churches today.