License for Ministry School
The Kentucky Annual Conference is proud to partner with Emory’s Candler School of Theology for Licensing School.
The Office of Methodist Studies at Emory University collaborates with the Kentucky Annual Conference to provide an educational program for the licensing of all certified candidates for ministry. The Division of Ordained Ministry, an entity of the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry, dictates the curriculum for licensing by providing guidelines based on competence in skills of ministry. Clergy leaders in the Kentucky Annual Conference evaluate work submissions and provide valuable feedback for students in preparation for ministry within the Kentucky Conference. Licensing School is a 6 week online program that will conclude before Annual Conference.
If you are a student interested in attending Licensing School, please contact your District Superintendent or Annual Conference Representative directly. All students must register for the school through their conference (not directly with Candler).
- The deadline for registration is April 15
- A required materials list and pre assignment instructions will be emailed to each candidate after confirmation of registration and payment.
- Cost of a candidate in the Kentucky Annual Conference is $200.00
- We welcome certified candidates from other Annual Conferences to participate in our session of Licensing School. Out of conference candidates will have a cost of $600.00
- We will have an in-person date during the summer for all participants at the Conference Center in Crestwood. This date will be communicated to you following Annual Conference.