Seven people in the Kentucky Annual Conference have been approved for ordination as full elders and seven others have been approved for commissioning, six as elders and one as a deacon.
Approved for ordination are:
- Kevin Johnson, associate pastor, Crestwood UMC.
- Kaury Edwards, pastor, Wesleyan Heights UMC in Owensboro.
- Chuck Shroll, pastor, Campton UMC.
- Tyler Brumfield, pastor, Cannonsburg Trinity UMC.
- Jeremy Ruegg, pastor, Maysville Seddon UMC.
- Sean Ryan, associate pastor, Danville Centenary UMC.
- Cambron Wright, pastor, Faith UMC, Bowling Green.
Approved for commissioning are:
- Michael Armstrong, of Lexington (deacon track).
- Claudia Nava-Galloway, pastor, Glendale UMC (elder track).
- Caleb Wheat, assistant pastor, Elizabethtown Memorial UMC (elder).
- Peter Han, of Wilmore (elder).
- Andrew “Drew” Oakley, assistant pastor, Immanuel Lakeside Park (elder).
- James Todd Smith, pastor, Pleasant Hill UMC (elder).
- Chad Brandt, assistant pastor, Immanuel Lakeside Park (elder).
They will be formally recognized at this year’s Annual Conference, June 11-13, and will assume their new status in July.