Ebony Exploration Deadline Extended
January 18, 2011
The deadline for this year's Ebony Exploration has been extended until, Friday, February 18, 2011.
The Ebony Exploration weekend will be held, March 18-20, 2011 at Lake Junaluska.
"Come follow me!" (Matthew 4:19) This is an intentional spiritual formation weekend of Christian vocation exploration for African-American youth in grades 9-12 at the Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center. This weekend retreat will provide a space for African-American youth to discover, explore, and celebrate the various forms of ministry within The United Methodist Church.
To register, click here. Registration is open until February 18, 2011.
The purpose of this weekend gathering for African-American youth is to:
- Allow 9th—12th grade African-American youth to explore the various forms of ministry available within The United Methodist Church
- Help youth discover their spiritual gifts
- Have 20-25 caring Adult Spiritual Mentors guide youth in exploring God’s calling on their lives
- Engage youth in the spirit-filled worship of God
- Provide youth with rich opportunities for fellowship and mentoring in small group sessions to help them discover, explore and celebrate a call to ministry
- Share with them the many available resources of The United Methodist Church to support them in the pursuit of their calling into ministry
- Provide a space for 9th—12th grade African-American youth to fellowship with other African-American youth of The United Methodist Church