Older Adult Ministries
This Older Adult Ministries page is provided for older adults over 50 yrs of age and for those who work with them. Our goal is to provide resources, inspiration, and wisdom for those who have reached this stage of their lives. Please do not get hung-up on the words “older adults”. It is just a designation, not a statement on who you are. It is our hope that you will find benefits from the articles posted here and that they will be helpful on your journey of faith.
We want you to be involved with this page. That is why I chose the graphic at the top of the page. This is your page, not ours. We are here to serve you and want you to make suggestions, share ideas, and pass this information on to others who may find it helpful. We are looking for a name for this group within the KY Conference. Please share your suggestions and each one will be carefully and prayerfully considered.
Also, if you have an event for Older Adults, please share it with us and we will post it on this page and on the Kentucky Conference Calendar; there may be older adults in your area who would be interested in attending (not members of your church) or an idea that another church will “borrow.” Let us know what you are celebrating and any “Glory Moments” you may experience as a group.
- Ministry to, with, and for those in the Second Half of Life - Hosted by Rev. Sue Eaton
- Our Tower of Strength - Psalm 71:3
- Giving Thanks: Living in Gratitude - Psalm 116:12-14
- Paying Attention: Awareness of God - Psalm 90
- Life's Transitions: Growing Older - Isaiah 41-10
Words of Wisdom
- Celebration of Life Worksheet
- Legacy: Pay It Forward
- The Gift of Laughter
- HOPE: Hospitality, Opportunity, Purpose, and Engagement
- Congregational Vitality; Ways to Look Forward as We Come Out of the Pandemic
- Reframing Aging in Our Churches: Ageism Has No Place in the Church
- How to Discourage Older Adults From Coming to Your Church
- Minister for Seniors at Famed Church Confronts Ageism and the Shame it Brings
- Aging Faithfully
- C.O.A.C.H. Group that Helps People Find Purpose in Retirement
- Retirement: A Pro-Active Experience
- Baby Boomers at a Glance: An Overview of Those Born Between 1946 - 1968
- Boomers: Reframing Aging and Transforming Elderhood
This wonderful woman of God has written many books and led conferences about Older Adults. In the green boxes on the right side of her webpage, you will find her Twitter account and additional articles. You will be enriched by learning more about Missy Buchanan and reading her books and articles.
Caring for Aging People, Parents or Grandparents
- Having the Hard Conversations: A process for Working Together to Make Good Decisions
- Apps for Caregivers: Help for Caregivers to Relieve Stress
- Red Flags of Elder Financial Abuse
- Signs of Elder Abuse
- Encouragement for Caregivers
African Americans and Aging
Upcoming Plans/Glory Moments
- Information coming soon