Scholarship Information for Seminary Students
There are three grants/scholarships available for students who meet all of these eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be certified candidates for ordained ministry in the Kentucky Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a college or university recognized by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
- Applicants must attend a United Methodist Seminary or school of theology approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
- Applicants must be seeking ordination as deacons or elders, with the intention of entering pastoral ministry in the Kentucky Annual Conference.
- Applicants must be recommended by their district superintendent.
- Undergraduates, persons completing a second master’s degree (other than MDiv), and persons working on their doctorate are not eligible for these scholarship funds.
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (or its equivalent) in coursework and be making progress toward their degree.
In order to complete your application process, you will also need to submit the additional verification steps. These consist of an email from your district superintendent and one from your school’s registrar verifying the number of credit hours you are registered for.
After successful submission of your application a confirmation email will be sent that will outline these next steps and provide the information needed for that process.
You will also need to request that a current OFFICIAL transcript be sent to:
Kentucky Annual Conference
7400 Floydsburg Rd
Crestwood, KY 40014
Digital transcripts can be sent by the registrar’s office to email@example.com.